Family Support

How long does it take for letters and packages to get to my deployed loved one?

A good rule to follow is letters will take 7-10 days. Parcels sent Priority Mail will take 7-14 days. Packages sent regular mail will take 2-3 weeks. The post office does offer Flat Rate shipping boxes where you are charged a flat rate for the box rather than by how much the package weighs. You can find more information at


What do I do if I need to get an emergency message to a family member who is deployed?

If an emergency arises while your loved one is TDY or deployed, you can contact the Red Cross at 618-256-1855, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Red Cross has the communication capabilities for verifying and notifying all military members. Please have the following information ready when calling: 

-Service Member's full name 


-Branch of Service 

-Social Security Number 

-Military Address where deployed 

-Home Base Unit 


What do I do if my ID card expires while my spouse is TDY/deployed?

One of your military member's out-processing responsibilities is to check dependent ID cards to ensure they will not expire while he or she is away. However, if your ID does expire, there are several tings you can do. If you have a copy of the orders your spouse traveled on, you will likely be issued an ID card for the duration of his or her absence. If you do not have a copy of the orders, contact your spouse and have him or her prepare an application and mail it to you. Once received, bring to (DD Form 1172) to the nearest installation for re-issue. 


What does the Family Readiness and Support Office do?

Our Family Readiness and Support office for the 126 ARW is the focal point for families and family matters.  We are open weekdays and during Unit Training Assembly (UTA) weekends.  Our office is located in the Headquarters building room 135.  We can be reached at (618) 222-5784.

Four Areas of Service:

1.  Information and referrals, counseling and follow-up with agencies such as Red Cross, Human and Social Service agencies, TRICARE etc.

2.  Coordination and consultation with other agencies to strengthen and benefit the 126 ARW family policies and programs.

3.  Assist unit commanders and first sergeants in their efforts to meet family needs.

4.  Present family life education and skills programs and events.


What is a Power of Attorney (POA) and why do I need one?

A Power of Attorney (POA) allows an individual to make decisions for the military member while he or she is TDY or deployed.  A POA is needed to perform certain functions such as banking procedures, applying for loans, making changes or getting information on existing accounts such as credit cards, cell phone, etc.


Where do I find information on my Spouse, Childs or significant others pay?

Military members pay information is accessed through . Members have the option of giving someone a Restricted Access Pin that will allow for someone to view Leave Earning Statements (LES) and W-2's or they can give you full access that will allow the same access as they have.


Where do I go for an ID card and who needs one?

Anyone who is a military dependent age 10 or older needs an ID card. 

ID Cards can be obtained in the 126th Air Refueling Wing Headquarters Building #5000. You can call 618-222-5708 to make an appointment. Hours are Monday-Wednesday from 8:00 to 3:30 Thursday and Friday 8:00-2:30 and on UTA's from 8:00-3:30 on Saturdays and 10:00-3:00 on Sundays.