Want to learn more about the ANG Visit

Want to talk to a recruiter? Call (618) 222-5701

Contact a recruiter.


What are the requirements for the GI Bill?

· 36 months (full time) of eligibility (less than full time is pro-rated) 
· Bing a copy of your DD Form 2384-1 Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) to the Veteran's Affairs (VA) office at your school to apply 
· If you don't have a copy of your NOBE, the MSF Customer Service desk or Retention office can get you a copy from your personnel records 


What are the requirements for the Illinois National Guard Grant (ING)?

· Must serve one year in the Illinois Air National Guard before eligible
· Pays 100% tuition and some fees at Illinois 2 or 4 year public colleges for up to 120 credits
· Go to for full information, details and how to apply
· You'll get a letter of eligibility back upon approval from ISAC- take that to the Financial Aid office at your school to receive the Grant


What if I have a guaranteed Kicker (critical career fields only)?

· Bring a copy of your Kicker contract, NGB Form 36-10, to the VA office at your school along with your NOBE to apply 
· Rate for full time attendance is $350 per month (pro-rated if less than full time)


Where can I find Veteran's Affairs education information?

· Call 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) to speak with a counselor or use the automated menu to hear your remaining eligibility and other information 
· Go to for current rates of pay based on credits taken