Colonel Kevin E. Jacobs is the Commander, 126th Mission Support Group, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois. As the commander, he leads six separate squadrons and flights including Civil Engineering, Security Forces, Logistics, Communications/Cyber, Force Support/Services, and Contracting for a 900-member Illinois Air National Guard wing with eight KC-135R aircraft and an Active Association Squadron, the 906th Air Refueling Squadron. In this capacity he is responsible for directing all host base infrastructure activities and functions relating to direct mission support.
Colonel Jacobs received his commission in 1994 after graduating as a distinguished graduate from the Academy of Military Science and was assigned to the 217th Engineering and Installation Squadron at O’Hare Air Reserve Station, Illinois, as an information systems engineer. During the fall of 1994, Colonel Jacobs was reassigned to the 126th Civil Engineering Squadron and during the seven years that followed, he held key positions such as the Engineering Officer, Operations Officer, and Commander. In 2001, he deployed in support of Operation SOUTHERN WATCH as the Plans and Programs Officer for the 363rd Expeditionary Civil Engineering Squadron at Prince Sultan Air Base, Saudi Arabia. In 2004, Colonel Jacobs was assigned as the Commander of the 126th Services Flight, and he was later assigned to the 126th Logistics Readiness Squadron in 2007. In 2012, Colonel Jacobs became the Deputy Commander of the 126th Mission Support Group overseeing the operations of six squadrons. In 2016, Colonel Jacobs became the wing Inspector General of the 126th Air Refueling Wing where he was responsible for the operation, management, and administration of the Wing Commander’s Inspection Program. In 2017, Colonel Jacobs was assigned as the Director of Staff – Air, Joint Force Headquarters, Illinois Air National Guard, Springfield, Illinois, where he oversaw the daily operations of the headquarters staff and directed activities of his staff members in the areas of strategic planning, policy implementation, personnel services, logistics recruiting and retention, facilities, security, and force protection, along with homeland security and homeland defense.
1989 Bachelor of Science, Industrial Engineering, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
2001 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Mortuary Management, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
2005 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2008 Logistics Readiness Officer, Lackland AFB, Texas
2011 Unit Environmental Coordinator Course, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
2012 Master of Science, Environmental Management, Webster University, Webster Groves, Mo.
2013 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2014 Air Force Emergency Operations Center Director Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2016 Commanders Readiness Reporting, Kirkland AFB, N.M.
2017 Nuclear Leadership Core Course, Scott AFB, Ill.
2021 Commanders Leadership Course, Andrews AFB, Md.
2021 Joint Domestic Operations Course, USNORTHCOM, Colorado Springs, Colo., by correspondence
2022 Joint Task Force Commander Course, USNORTHCOM, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2022 Defense Support of Civil Authorities Course, USNORTHCOM, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1. June 1994 – September 1994, Information System Engineer, 217th Engineering and Installation Squadron, O’Hare Air Reserve Station, Ill.
2. October 1994 – September 1998, Engineering Officer, 126th Civil Engineering Squadron, O’Hare Air Reserve Station, Ill.
3. October 1998 – February 1999, Interim Commander, 126th Civil Engineering Squadron, Scott AFB Ill.
4. February 1999 – August 2004, Operations Officer, 126th Civil Engineering Squadron, Scott AFB, Ill.
5. October 2001 – November 2001, Plans & Program Officer, 363rd Expeditionary Civil Engineering Squadron, Prince Sultan AB, Saudi Arabia)
6. August 2004 – March 2007, Commander, 126th Services Flight, Scott AFB, Ill.
7. April 2007 – March 2012, Commander, 126th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Scott AFB, Ill.
8. March 2012 – September 2016, Deputy Commander, 126th Mission Support Group, Scott AFB, Ill.
9. October 2016 – November 2017, Wing Inspector General, 126th Air Refueling Wing, Scott AFB, Ill.
10. December 2017 – January 2020, Director of Staff – Air, Joint Force Headquarters, Illinois Air National Guard, Springfield, Ill.
11. January 2020 – Present, Commander, 126th Mission Support Group, Scott AFB, Ill.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with three oak leaf clusters
Air Reserve Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with service star
Global War on Terrorism Service medal Humanitarian Service Medal
Air Force Overseas Ribbon Long
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
(Current as of December 2022)