Colonel Timothy C. Huchel is the Group Commander, 126th Maintenance Group, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois. As the Group Commander, he leads the management of eight primary aircraft inventory and over 300 Total Force Airman. Colonel Huchel oversees the generation, sustainment, and repair of supporting worldwide aerial refueling missions for US and allied forces, as well as providing direct support to Combatant Commanders.
Colonel Huchel enlisted in the Active Duty Air Force in 1989. He served over seventeen years as an enlisted member before commissioning as a Second Lieutenant in 2007 through the Academy of Military Science at McGhee Tyson AFB, Knoxville, Tennessee. He attended Southern Illinois University, Carbondale graduating in 2002 receiving a degree in Workforce Education and Development and also received his Master of Education at the University of Illinois, Urbana in 2005. Since becoming commissioned, Colonel Huchel has served as the 126th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron Officer in Charge, 126th Maintenance Operations Flight Commander, 126th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron Commander, and the 126th Deputy Maintenance Group Commander.
2002 Bachelor of Science, Workforce Education and Development, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale
2005 Masters of Education, Community College Teaching and Learning, University of Illinois, Urbana
2008 Aircraft Maintenance Officers Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2012 Squadron Officer School, Air University Correspondence
2017 Air Command and Staff College, Air University, by Correspondence 2019 Jet Engine Mishap Investigation Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2021 Joint Combined Warfighting Course, National Defense University/Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
1. May 1989 – November 1989, Air Force Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. November 1989 – March 1993, Mail Processing Specialist, 86th Fighter Wing, Ramstein AB, Germany
3. March 1993 – March 1994, Supply Specialist, 60th Supply Squadron, Travis Air Force Base, Calif.
4. March 1994 – September 1997, Supply Specialist, 92nd Supply Squadron, Fairchild Air Force Base, Wash.
5. September 1997 – March 1999, Supply Specialist, 141st Logistics Squadron, Fairchild Air Force Base, Wash.
6. March 1999 – April 2007, Supply Specialist, 126th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
7. April 2007 – August 2011, Squadron OIC, 126th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
8. August 2011 – August 2012, Commander, 126th Maintenance Operations Flight, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
9. August 2012 – September 2018, Commander, 126th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
10. September 2018 – February 2023, Deputy Group Commander, 126th Maintenance Group, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
11. February 2023 – Present, Group Commander, 126th Maintenance Group, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters Air Force Achievement Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with six oak leaf clusters
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters National Defense Service Medal with service star
Southwest Asia Service Medal with service star
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters AF Overseas Ribbon Short
AF Overseas Ribbon Long
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon
AF Longevity Service with seven oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with 2 Hourglass devices and “M” device
Kuwait Liberation Medal Government of Kuwait
Illinois Military Medal of Merit
Illinois State Active Duty Service Ribbon
(Current as of September 2023)