Colonel Kevin E. Jacobs is the Commander, 126th Mission Support Group, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois. As the Commander, he leads six separate Squadrons and Flights including Civil Engineering, Security Forces, Logistics, Communications/Cyber, Force Support/Services, and Contracting for a 900-member Illinois Air National Guard Wing of nine KC-135R aircraft and an Active Association Squadron, the 906th Air Refueling Squadron. In this capacity he is responsible for directing all host base infrastructure activities and functions relating to direct mission support.
Colonel Jacobs received his commission from the Academy of Military Science in 1994 and was assigned to the 217th Engineering and Installation Squadron at O’Hare Air Reserve Station, Ill., as an Information Systems Engineer. During the fall of 1994, Colonel Jacobs was reassigned to the 126th Civil Engineering Squadron and during the seven years that followed, he held key positions such as the Engineering Officer, Operations Officer, and Commander. In 2001, he deployed in support of Operation SOUTHERN WATCH as the Plans and Programs Officer for the 363rd Expeditionary Civil Engineering Squadron at Prince Sultan Air Base, Saudi Arabia. In 2004, Colonel Jacobs was assigned as the Commander of the 126th Services Flight, and he was later assigned to the 126th Logistics Readiness Squadron in 2007. In 2012, Colonel Jacobs became the Deputy Commander of the 126th Mission Support Group overseeing the operations of six squadrons. In 2016, Colonel Jacobs became the Wing Inspector General of the 126th Air Refueling Wing where he was responsible for the operation, management and administration of the Wing Commander’s Inspection Program. In 2017, Colonel Jacobs was assigned as the Director of Staff – Air, Joint Force Headquarters, Illinois Air National Guard, Springfield, Ill., where he oversaw the daily operations of the headquarters staff and directed activities of his staff members in the areas of strategic planning, policy implementation, personnel services, logistics recruiting and retention, facilities, security and force protection, along with homeland security and homeland defense.
1989 Bachelor of Science, Industrial Engineering, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Ill.
2001 Squadron officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Air Command and Staff College, Correspondence
2012 Master of Science, Environmental Management Engineering, Webster University, Webster Groves, Mo.
2013 Air War College, Correspondence
1. 1994 - 1994, Information System Engineer, 217th Engineering and Installation Squadron, O’Hare Air Reserve Station, Ill.
2. 1994 - 1998, Engineering Officer, 126th Civil Engineering Squadron, O’Hare Air Reserve Station, Ill.
3. 1998 - 2004, Operations Officer, 126th Civil Engineering Squadron, Scott AFB, Ill.
4. 2004 - 2007, Commander, 126th Services Flight, Scott AFB, Ill.
5. 2007 - 2012, Commander, 126th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Scott AFB, Ill.
6. 2012 - 2016, Deputy Commander, 126th Mission Support Group, Scott AFB, Ill.
7. 2016 - 2017, Wing Inspector General, 126th Air Refueling Wing, Scott AFB, Ill.
8. 2017 - 2020, Director of Staff – Air, Joint Force Headquarters, Illinois Air National Guard, Springfield, Ill.
9. 2020 – Present, Commander, 126th Mission Support Group, Scott AFB, Ill.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with three oak leaf clusters
Air Reserve Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with service star
Global War on Terrorism Service medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Air Force Overseas Ribbon Long
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Second Lieutenant, 1994
First Lieutenant, 1996
Lieutenant Colonel, 2007
(Current as of January 2020)